Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cream of the Crop, these Albums Rise to the Top...they never eat a pig because a pig is a cop...

Americans love lists! I love lists! Here is my List!

Who knows what may emerge in the next two weeks, but I feel like I can confidently create a Top 10 Album of the Year list with an addendum of some other favorites of the year. I conclude with some of my least favorite things. I in no way claim any objectivity with creating this list. Feel free to send your list back.

Top 10 Albums of 2010
10:  Band Of Horses: Infinite Arms
9:    Mason Jennings: The Flood
8:    Spoon: Transference
7:    Sharon Jones And The Dap Kings: I Learned The Hard Way
6:    Ryan Bingham: Junky Star
5:    The Black Keys: Brothers
4:    The National: High Violet
3:    Drive-by Truckers: The Big To-Do
2:    Kanye West: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
1:    Arcade Fire: The Suburbs

Top 5 Films of 2010
5:   Inception
4:   The Town
3:   North Face
2:   The Social Network
1:   (There is 2 weeks left! The Fighter? True Grit? I can't decide on a number one until I see a couple more movies.

Top 5 TV Shows of 2010
5:   The Daily Show
4:   Conan (Ok, he's only been back on TV for 6 weeks)
3:   Community
2:   Treme
1:   The Walking Dead




Top 5 Least Favorite Things of 2010
5:  TLC's "Sarah Palin's Alaska"
4:  Jay Leno
3:  Republican Obstructionism
2:  The 2010 Midterm Election
1:  BP


Top 5 Favorite Overall Things of 2010
5:  Chilean Miners
4:  The Rally to Restore Sanity (in theory, rather than in practice)
3:  Seeing DBT in Boulder and Saint Louis.
2:  Health Care Bill (It's a good start)
1:  Getting Engaged! 

No comments: