Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Another Blog Redesign

Hey All,
This is just a short post to say that I have aggregated all of my Appalachian Trail posts into one tab at the top of the page. As you can tell, I quit publicly blogging about 10 days prior to summiting Mt. Katahdin. The posts became a chore and I wanted to spend more of my free time with my fellow hikers than in front of a computer. Wasn't that one of my reasons for hiking the trail in the first place? Maybe in a few years I'll have the wherewithal to tackle those last 150 miles in a blog posting. In the meantime, I have the last 10 minutes of my AT video, posted on this blog, to remind me of that week or so in August 2009.

Further, I plan to wean myself off of Facebook toward this site. I hope this space doesn't come across as my way to deal with bubbling existential crises. Rather, I'm hoping to use this blog as a means to connect with friends while also sharing my views on current events, American Studies and possibly some upcoming adventures. Finally, as the ever diligent online, social creature, I've included links to my Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr sites. 

Cheers, 
Mike McCollum

1 comment:

eArThworm said...

Mike, It would be great to have a copy of your video on DVD for the library of the Appalachian Trail Museum. Contact me at lpatton@fsu.edu so we can talk about this. Thank you!
Linda 'eArThworm' Patton
booksforhikers.com